My comfort food, easy to cook ready in around 20 minutes, packed with fibre and plant based protein.
- 2 ×400gm chickpeas tins
- 1 ×400 gm tomatoes can
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves grated
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon gram masala
- 1/2 can of coconut milk /optional
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or any other of your own choice
HOW TO MAKE IT
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add ginger and garlic. Sauté, stirring, for a minute or until fragrant. Now add chopped tomatoes, all spices except gram masala and stir to combine. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Now add drained chickpeas bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and add gram masala, cook for 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes. until the gravy has thickened. Take a taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 :
you can serve with naan or home made flatbread or rice.
Homemade Healthy Granola
Granola is an important part of breakfast but choosing a healthy and nutritious granola is a difficult task as store bought granola is loaded with sugar and fats. To kick start your day with healthy and easy to go breakfast, graonla is best option. Homemade granola is very easy to make just one big bowl and some basic pantry items and your breakfast is sorted.
My home made granola has no added sugar as i add honey and dates (natural sweeteners).This recipe is highly addictive and endlessly customisable. you can enjoy it as quick breakfast or crunchy snack with some fruit toppings.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruits ( cranberries, apricot)
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I used walnuts, almonds)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 dates (stirred in boiling water and make a paste)
- 1/2 cup pupmkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cocunuts flakes
- 1/3 cup cocunut oil/olive oil
- 1 teasppon cinamon
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven at 325F and lined oven tray with a parachament papper.
- Combine the oats, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds,cinnamon and salt.
- In a measuring jug, mix the cocunut oil, honey and date paste.
- Add to oat mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread evenly over the prepared tray, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes then toss and again bake for further 10 minutes or untill golden.
- Remove from the oven and topped with dried fruits and allow to cool befeore placing in an air tight jar.
- serve with yoghurt or milk of yur choice.