Vegan, gluten-free, super easy to make and full of flavour and warmth. For adding more flavour, I roasted sweet potatoes first and then add to the pot.
What you need for this amazing recipe:
- 2 medium-sized Sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1×400 g can of Black beans
- 1 ×400g can of Red kidney beans
- 1 medium-sized onion,
- finely chopped 3- 4 garlic cloves minced or grated
- 2×400g tomatoes can
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil/coconut butter
- For serving; spring onions, fresh coriander, sour cream, avocado etc
How to make
Put the diced sweet potatoes chunks in a single layer on a baking tray with a splash of olive oil. Roast at 190 c for around 30 minutes or until soft. I prefer bit crispy around the edges, but the choice is yours.
Meanwhile, add olive oil or coconut butter whatever you like, in a saucepan and add finely chopped onions. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes and then add garlic and cook few more minutes.
Now add beans, tomatoes and all spices and bring to simmer.Cook for 10-15 minutes, untill the tomatoes become soft and mixture hase thickened consistancy, at this momment add roasted sweet potatoes and mix well. Cook for few mor minutes and check seasoning. Serve with freshly chopped coriander, scallion/ spring onions.