Another delicious and healthy recipe consists of my favourite ingredients; chickpeas and spinach. Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fibre, and other important micronutrients. Spinach is a rich source of iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate, and a good source of manganese, magnesium.
Tinned cans are a good option as they reduce cooking time and get this yummy recipe in 15 minutes, but you can use dried chickpeas. for dried chickpeas, soak them for 5-6 hours or overnight for better results.
- 2 tin chickpeas
- 3 handful of spinach
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped ginger
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Coconut butter /oil
- Put coconut butter in the pan, add onion and cook until light golden brown, and then add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add tomatoes and all spices and give a good mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add chickpeas mix well, add coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes and then add spinach.
- Now give a good stir and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. Garnish with onion and fresh coriander
- Serve with either naan or rice.