Keep warm and nourished with nutrient dense Roasted vegetables nourish bowl featuring sweet potatoes, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and pan fried fish.
Nourish bowl or power bowl is a balanced, healthy meal containing a variety of nutrient dense ingredients. The best part of nourish bowl is customization means you have end less options and perfect for meal prep. The five basic ingredients for setting a nourish bowl are
- Protein; Fish, lentils, chickpeas, quinoa, animal protein
- Non starchy carbohydrates; Spinach, reddish, courgettes, bell peppers, arugula.
- Starchy carbohydrates; sweet potatoes, corn, peas, mango, grapes, apple
- Healthy fats; Olive oil, Avocado, nuts, seeds
- Additional flavours; hummus, fresh lemon juice, homemade salad dressing
Ingredients required for this recipe
- 2-3 fish fillet
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 courgette
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Dressing/homemade or tahini based dressing from the store
- For roasting vegetables, cut all the vegetables and put in a roasting tray. Add salt peppers, olive oil and a pinch of paprika powder. Roast for about 30 -40 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Season the fish fillets with lemon juice, salt and peppers, Italian herbs and splash of oilve oil let sit while you prepare dressing
- For dressing; 1/3 cup tahini, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 clove garlic grated or minced, 1 teaspoon honey and 3 tablespoons water.
- in a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Then add slowly water to make creamy and pourable
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add marinated fish. cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, remove the fish from the skillet to a plate.
now setup your plate
- First setup a green base; you can put fresh spinach, lettice, kale, arugula,or mixed greens.
- Top with roasted vegetables and pan fried fish.
- Finish with dressing, this time i use lemon tahini based dressing
- Garnish with pompograne seeds or you can use chopped nuts and seeds.