Lentils are a good source of plant-based protein, contain complex carbohydrates and are low in fat. Fibre is one of their best features as they offer both soluble and insoluble fibre. Unprocessed lentils are an excellent source of vitamin B and minerals like iron, potassium, folate, magnesium and phytonutrients.
Lentils are perfect for making curries, soups, salads or even patties. Green lentil is perfect for those who like hearty and filling meals. In my opinion lentil curries are ideal when you are looking for healthy vegan meal prep ideas. I already put an awesome red lentil curry recipe on this blog Curried red lentil soup
some tips about this recipe, first rinse lentil well until the water runs clear. secondly, if you have time you can soaked them for 30 minutes before cooking.
𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲
- 2 cups dry green lentils soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups Vegetable broth/water
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and toast until they start to brown, about 45 seconds.
- Now add the finely chopped onions in the pot and let it brown, afterwards add grated garlic and let it brown for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices and chopped tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Now add lentils and 2 cups of water or vegetable broth whatever you like and let it cook for 20 minutes on the low flame.
- Once the lentils are soft and the curry is thick, add the coconut milk and cook for few more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with Naan or flatbread or you can eat as a warm soup in this weather.